Theme for NFM Fall 2012: Think Pink
· October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. NFM has dedicated this event to increasing awareness of breast cancer and its associated risks by teaming up with APA Insurance; a member of the Apollo Group of Companies and Nairobi Women’s Hospital
· Nairobi Women’s Hospital is offering Free Health talks and highly discounted medical check ups. They will also offer Mammograms for checking breast cancer and cervical cancer testing in the Mammovan, all at discounted rates
· APA Insurance will be promoting Femina ; a policy that covers breast, and cervical cancer with premiums as low as KES 1,000 a year providing up to KES 250,000 cash compensation in the event of a diagnosis. They are also offering a discount of 20% on any Femina cover purchased during the month of October including the NFM weekend
· The Fall edition will be the fifth NFM since it inspirational debut in 2010
· NFM will host over 90 exhibitors from all genre of fashion and lifestyle.
· Fashion Shows: Kaveke, Zaramu, Sarakaray, AfroStreet Kollections, Fashion Finesse, Wangujeans, Yaka Yeke, Tujipambe, A la Mode Africa
· Entertainment: Live music by Ricky Nanjero & Marafiki. Saturday evening performance by “Shinde” formerly of the group Tatu. Also featuring sultry trio Kijani
· Chill Out Zones: Food and Drink. Shark Energy Drink introducing Shark Bars for your refreshment at the event
· New Fun Arcade: Bouncy castles, trampoline, quad bikes, Wii games, pool tables, pony rides and rodeo bulls
· These glittering events are a highlight of the Nairobi social calendar and the largest outdoor shopping experience in Kenya
· Over 8,000 people attended our events last year.
· Bargains, must-haves and special treats in a maze of over 80 market stalls showcasing the best of local & international fashion.
· Progressive African fashion and design in clothing, jewelry, accessories, interiors and lifestyle - and all at great prices. ‘
· Beautiful fabrics from all over the continent cut into stylish outfits.
· Handcrafted accessories, jewelry and a range of beauty, cosmetic and lifestyle products.
· The latest of what’s trending in the western world and the International scene, all at your doorstep.
· Fantastic giveaways on Radio promos with Classic 105 and Kiss 100 FM
Our PartnersShark Energy Drink, APA Insurance a member of the Apollo Group, SuzieBeauty, I Love…, Nairobi Women’s Hospital, Classic 105 and KISS 100, Fashion Idol & Style Icon
Lynette Anderson, CEO and founder Nairobi Fashion Market:
“We are working hard to put on a fabulous day for the lifestyle conscious. We are confident that the October event will build on the experience and success of past events and will be the best day out in Nairobi this year”.
“NFM will be showcasing Kenya’s most exciting designers on our catwalk including Kaveke, Fashion Finesse, Afro Street Kollection, SaraKaray, Zaramu Designs, Tujipambe, A la Mode designs, Wangu Jeans and Yaka Yeke. NFM is particularly privileged to be showcasing John Kaveke’s new collection inspired by his success at Arise Magazine Fashion Week in Lagos and London Fashion Week.
Terry Michuki, Event Co-ordinator
“Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 women in their lifetime and we all need to understand it and the risks better and learn to Think Pink!”
“We are delighted to have NWH and APA on board to enhance awareness of Breast Cancer, its treatments and Insurance Plans such as Femina”
Enthusiastic Visitor last event:
But it’s not all shopping, “fashion is in the air we breathe …” said one enthusiastic visitor at the last event. NFM makes this a reality and hosts a spacious and vibrant entertainment area. It includes bars, restaurants, chill-out zones, live music, and amazing fun areas for kids and young teens.