Thursday, 30 May 2013

Who's who in Kenyan Fashion: KANGAKULTURE


KANGAKULTURE


What's your name? 
Juliet Kwamboka


Why did you choose to design? 
It just seemed natural to want to translate my thoughts into fashion. I am a pretty introverted person and fashion gives me an avenue to express myself. Fashion is about self-expression and one can tell a lot about someone by how they dress.



What or who is your inspiration? 
I am inspired by Roberto Cavalli and his ingenuous use of the print fabric. I also have a penchant for long flowy dresses, which he does well. I also admire how Duro Olowu and boxing kitten play around with the African fabric.


Do you generate income? 
Yes we do. The industry is still very seasonal but it definitely has potential. It is amazing how much it has grown since I first started


What's Kanga Kulture's style?
 KK style is feminine with clean lines. We like to play with the empire waist, which is very forgiving on the voluptuous African woman’s body. We are also known for our mix-n-match pieces that go well with what’s already in your wardrobe.



Who are your customers?
My customers are bold and not afraid to wear prints.


Have you showcased before?
Yes, we have done several fashion shows e.g NFM, YWCA Centenniel celebrations and the annual Goat Derby





How do we find you?
 We are located in Adams Arcade Shopping centre. Ground flr near the Java restaurant. 
Tel: 0717066005. Email: Juliet@kangakulture.com. Website: www.kangakulture.com





















2 comments:

  1. MUBER takes delivery services to the next level in Nairobi. Having a reliable, safe, fast and affordable provider is all you need for your personal or professional deliveries in Nairobi. With a large fleet of motorbikes and a professional team of riders we are here to serve you 24/7delivery services in nairobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I, hereby introduce myself as a Indian traditional and contemporary costume and fashion jewellery designer. Currently, I m supplying my jewellery in 10 cities namely London, Dubai, Hongkong, Singapore, Jakarta, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Durban, Bangkok and Colombo, both retailing and wholesaling. I m interested in doing business with you. Kindly visit my FB page and Instagram accounts by the name of Auraa Trends. Please let us known if you have any requirement of Indian traditional and contemporary costume jewellery.

    ReplyDelete